Suzanne Mazzeo, Ph.D.
Director, Counseling Psychology Program
Williams House, 800 W. Franklin St., Room 204
- Ph.D.: University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 2000
Dr. Suzanne Mazzeo's research interests are in the areas of eating disorders and obesity. Mazzeo is particularly interested in understanding more about cultural and environmental factors that influence expression of genetic predispositions to eating problems. Mazzeo also is interested in developing and evaluating culturally sensitive interventions to promote healthy eating and exercising behaviors, particularly in community settings.
- Mazzeo, S.E., Kelly, N. R., Stern, M., Gow, R. W., Cotter, E. W., Thornton, L. M., Evans, R. K., & Bulik, C. M. (2014). Parent skills training to enhance weight loss in overweight children: Evaluation of NOURISH. Eating Behaviors, 15, 225-229. PMID: 24854808.
- Mazzeo, S. E., Kelly, N. R., Stern, M., Palmberg, A. A., Belgrave, F. Z., Tanofsky-Kraff, M., Latzer, Y., & Bulik, C. M. (2013). LIBER8 design and methods: An integrative intervention for loss of control eating among African American and White adolescent girls. Contemporary Clinical Trials, 34, 174-185. PMID:23142669.
- Bean, M.K., Caccavale, L., Adams, E.A., Burnette, C.B., LaRose, J., Raynor, H., Wickham III, E.P., & Mazzeo, S.E. (in press). The role of parents in adolescent obesity treatment: A systematic review. Pediatrics. PMID in process.
- Burnette, C. B., Boutte, R. L, Sosnowski, D. S., & Mazzeo, S. E. (in press). Measurement invariance of the SATAQ-4 in Black and White undergraduate women. Body Image. PMID: 31846907
- Gerke, C. K., Mazzeo, S. E., & Kliewer, W. (in press). The role of depressive and dissociative symptoms in the relationship between childhood trauma and disordered eating. Child Abuse and Neglect.
- Health Psychology, undergraduate level
- Introduction to the Helping Relationship, undergraduate level
- Research Internship, undergraduate level
- Stress & Its Management, undergraduate level
- Theories of Counseling and Personality, graduate level
- Excellence in Scholarship Award, Virginia Commonwealth University College of Humanities and Sciences, 2009