Jessica Young Brown, Ph.D.
Teaching Assistant Professor
Thurston House, 808 W. Franklin St., Room 404
- B.S.: Psychology and Spanish, Elon University, 2008
- M.S.: Psychology, Virginia Commonwealth University, 2010
- Ph.D.: Counseling Psychology, Virginia Commonwealth University, 2013
- Coordinator for Psychology Undergraduate Internship Program
- Integration of spirituality and mental health
- Race-related stress and racialized trauma
- Trauma-informed mental health service provision
- Young Brown, J. (2022). Black and Bivocational. In D. W. Stephens (Ed.), Bivocational and Beyond (pp. 65–80). essay, Atla Open Press.
- Young Brown, J. (May 2022). Offering and ongoing response to mental health needs. Duke Faith and Leadership.
- Young Brown, J. (April 2021). Trauma Upon Trauma. Duke Faith and Leadership.
- Young Brown, J. (2020). Making Space at the Well: Mental Health Ministry in the Church, Judson Press, Valley Forge, PA.
- PSYC 309- Personality
- PSYC 340- Introduction to the Helping Relationship
- PSYC 407- Psychology of the Abnormal
- PSYC 493- Fieldwork/Internship
- PSYC 651- Clinical Interviewing