Bryce McLeod, Ph.D.
White House, 806 W. Franklin St., Room 203
- Ph.D.: University of California, Los Angeles, 2004
The CREATE lab is engaged in research projects designed to understand factors that influence the implementation and sustainment of evidence-based practices, develop and evaluate treatment integrity instruments, optimize training and consultation strategies, and develop and evaluate interventions to help improve the quality of care in community settings for youth and their families. The lab's current funded work focuses on evaluating a school-based prevention interventions and understanding factors that influence the implementation and sustainment of evidence-based practices delivered in community settings. The lab's research projects provide opportunities for graduate and undergraduate students to learn about and participate in community-based research. As a mentor, Dr. Bryce McLeod is dedicated to training graduate students to become the next generation of applied researchers focused on improving the quality of care for youth and their families in community settings.
- McLeod, B. D., Cook, C. Sutherland, K. S., Lyon, A. R., Dopp, A., Broda, M., & Beidas, R. S. (2022). A theory-informed approach to locally-managed learning school systems: Integrating treatment integrity and student outcome data to promote student mental health. School Mental Health, 14(1), 88-102.
- McLeod, B. D., Martinez, R., Southam-Gerow, M. A., Weisz, J. R., & Chorpita, B. F. (2022). Can a single measure estimate protocol adherence for two psychosocial treatments for youth anxiety delivered in community mental health settings? Behavior Therapy, 53(1), 119-136.
- McLeod, B. D., *Cecilione, J. L., Jensen-Doss, A., Southam-Gerow, M. A., & Kendall, P. C. (2021). Reliability, factor structure, and validity of an observer-rated alliance scale with youth. Psychological Assessment, 33(10), 1013-1023.
- McLeod, B. D., Cox, J. R., Jensen-Doss, A., Herschell, A., Ehrenreich-May, J., & Wood, J. J. (2018). Proposing a mechanistic model of training and consultation. Clinical Psychology: Science and Practice, 25(3), 1-19.
- McLeod, B. D. (2011). The relation of the alliance with outcomes in youth psychotherapy: A meta-analysis. Clinical Psychology Review, 31, 603-616.
- Diagnostic and Behavioral Assessment, graduate level
- Outstanding Service Award, VCU Department of Psychology, 2016
- Outstanding Research Award, VCU Department of Psychology, 2011
- Clinical Research Loan Repayment Award Renewal, National Institutes of Health, 2011-2013
- Clinical Research Loan Repayment Award, National Institutes of Health, 2006-2008