Michael A. Southam-Gerow, Ph.D.
Director, Center for Evidence-based Partnerships
White House, 806 W. Franklin St.
- Ph.D.: Clinical Psychology, Temple University, Philadelphia
- A.B.: Psychology, University of Michigan ,Ann Arbor
- Fidelity measurement in the context of EBP implementation
- Mental health policy research
- Mixed methods research
- Partner and community engaged research
- Program evaluation
- Statewide EBP implementation
- Understanding the needs of practitioners
- Southam-Gerow, M. A., Chapman, J. E., Martinez, R. G., McLeod, B. D., Hogue, A., Weisz, J. R., & Kendall, P. C. (2021). Are therapist adherence and competence related to clinical outcomes in cognitive-behavioral treatment for youth anxiety? Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology, 89(3), 188–199.
- Cox, J. R. & Southam-Gerow, M. A. (2020). Dissemination of evidence-based treatments for children and families in practice settings (pp. 331-344). In R. G. Steele and M. C. Roberts (Ed.), Evidence based therapies for children and adolescents: Bridging science and practice (2nd Ed.). Switzerland: Springer.
- Cox, J. R., Martinez, R. G., & Southam-Gerow, M. A. (2018). Treatment integrity in psychotherapy research and implications for the delivery of quality mental health services. Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology.
- Southam-Gerow, M. A., Daleiden, E. L., Chorpita, B. F., Bae, C. Mitchell, C., Faye, M., & Alba, M. (2014). MAPping Los Angeles County: Taking an evidence-informed model of mental health care to scale. Journal of Clinical Child & Adolescent Psychology, 43, 190-200.
- Southam-Gerow, M. A. (2013). Practitioner’s guide to emotion regulation in children and adolescents. New York: Guilford Press. (translated into Dutch 2014, Korean 2016; released in paperback 2016).
- PSYC 101: Introduction to Psychology, undergraduate level
- PSYC 407: Psychopathology, undergraduate level
- PSYC 652: Child/Adolescent Therapy, graduate level
- PSYC 694: Clinical Practicum, graduate level