Lucy Hudson, Ed.D.
Director of Academic Operations
VCU Real Coordinator and Lead Instructor, Leadership Development for Women of Color
White House, 806 W. Franklin St., Room 124
- Ed.D. in Leadership, Virginia Commonwealth University, 2022
- Certificate in Evangelism, Mission, and Global Christianity Certificate, Virginia Union University Edosomwan Institute, 2015
- M.Ed. in Adult Learning, Virginia Commonwealth University, 2011
- B.A. in Religious Studies, Virginia Commonwealth University, 2008
- B.S. in Urban Studies and Planning, 2004
- Persistence, Placement, and Preparation of Black Girls in Public Schools
- Distance Learning and Student Success
- Undergraduate Student Career and Research Development
- Equity, Inclusion and Diversity in Higher Education
- Mentoring Opportunities for Students of Color
- Hudson, L.R., Lindstrom, D. L., Patel, M., & Ponton, R. (2022). Virginia Community College System Online Student Success: Best Practices and Sustainable Change.” [Capstone Doctoral dissertation, Virginia Commonwealth University]. VCU Scholars Compass.
- Newman, P., Hurd, V., Sun, H., Roberson, C., Hudson, L., & Berry, R. “Identifying Organizational Containment: Whiteness as a System of Oppression Affecting Black Girls in Urban Public Schools.” Journal of Research on Adolescence, 2020. Submitted.
- Hudson, L. “Building a Balanced Class: Diversity Recruitment & Admissions Strategies at a Highly-Selective Institution.” NAGAP Perspectives Magazine: Conference Summary. NAGAP, New York. 2018.
- Croasdaile, S., Angel, R., Carr, E., Hudson, L., Usrey, C. Using blogs to overcome the challenges of a research methods course. Teaching, Learning, and the Net Generation: Concepts and Tools for Reaching Digital Learners. IGI Global, Pennsylvania. 2012.
- American Educational Research Association (AERA)
- National Association of Personnel Administrators (NASPA)
- National Academic Advising Association (NACADA)
- UNIV 191, LDWOC: Leadership Development for Women of Color\
- VCU African American Alumni Council Mentoring Circle Excellence in Service Award, 2021
- ACHI Magazine Educator of the Year Award, 2021
- ACHI Magazine Woman of Achievement Award, 2021
- VCU Staff Senate Award for Diversity and Inclusion, 2020
- College of Humanities and Sciences at VCU, Excellence in Service Award, 2016