Everett L. Worthington Jr., Ph.D.
Millhiser House, 913 W. Franklin St., Room 306
Office hours: By appointment
- BSNE: Nuclear Engineering, University of Tennessee-Knoxville, 1968
- SMNE: MIT, 1970
- M.A.: Psychology-Counseling, University of Missouri-Columbia, 1976
- Ph.D.: Psychology-Counseling, UM-C, 1978
- Forgiveness Interventions (REACH Forgiveness; Six Steps to Forgiving
- Forgiveness (within the Stress and Coping Forgiveness theory)
- Other Positive Psychology Topics (Humility, Political Humility, Gratitude, Hope, Patience, Self-Forgiveness--interventions in each)
- Religion and Spirituality (especially R/S in counseling and psychotherapy)
- Davis, E. B., Worthington, E. L., Jr., & Schnitker, S. A. (Eds.). (2022). Handbook of positive psychology, religion, and spirituality. Springer. [Open Access].
- Worthington, E. L., Jr., & Wade, N. G. (Eds.). (2020). Handbook of forgiveness, 2nd ed. New York, NY: Routledge.
- Worthington, E. L., Jr., & Allison, S. T. (2018). Heroic humility: What the science of humility can say to people raised on self-focus. Washington, DC: American Psychological Association.
- Woodyatt, L., Worthington, E. L., Jr., Wenzel, M., & Griffin, B. J. (Eds.). (2017). Handbook of the psychology of self-forgiveness. Cham, Switzerland: Springer Nature.
- Worthington, E. L., Jr., & Sandage, S. J. (2016). Forgiveness and spirituality in psychotherapy: A relational approach. Washington, DC: American Psychological Association.
- Licensed Clinical Psychologist, Virginia
- Sharecare/Emmy Award for “Building Forgiveness around the World,” (Director, Richard Sergay); the story of REACH Forgiveness, 2021
- State Council of Higher Education in Virginia (SCHEV), Outstanding Faculty Award, February 16, 2016
- Elder Recognition Award for Distinguished Contributions to Counseling Psychology, Division 17, Society for Counseling Psychology, August 7, 2015
- Doctor of Humane Letters (Honorary Doctorate), Pepperdine University, May 17, 2014
- VCU University Award for Excellence, September, 2009