Our mission is to serve as a liaison between undergraduate psychology students and the university’s administration. We strive to empower students to take ownership of their college experience while offering support, resources and information. We also serve to advocate for students as well as the university. Our highest aspiration is to make our students feel valued while positively contributing to their academic success.
Psychology Undergraduate Advising, known as PSYUGRAD, serves to advise all psychology sophomores, juniors, and seniors with scheduled appointments. Advisors are available for virtual scheduled and walk-in appointments during regular office hours (see schedule below.)
PSYUGRAD advisers offer students support, resources, and information and assist students with:
- career/educational planning
- the navigation of university procedures, appeals processes, rules and regulations
- course selection
- on-time progress toward the degree
- research internship/service learning placement assistance
- planning for graduate school and application preparation
Students are encouraged to be in touch with the PSYUGRAD advising at least once a semester to discuss questions about degree requirements, course selection, graduation checks, and other academic matters.
Spring 2023 PSYUGRAD Advising Hours January 17, 2023 - May 19, 2023
Changing Your Major to Psychology
Welcome! We are excited you are interested in changing your major to psychology. In order to do so, you will need to follow these steps:
- Submit a change of major form to declare
- Students will be sent an online orientation video about the major
- Students can meet with a PSYC advisor if they choose by emailing email@example.com to request an appointment. An appointment is not required for change of major approval.
Major changes made through the add/drop period will apply toward the current semester. Major changes made after the add/drop period are effective for the following fall or spring semester, and changes made during the summer session are effective for the following fall semester.
Location and Contact Information
806 West Franklin Street, room 107
Richmond, Virginia 23284-2018
Phone: (804) 828-1239