Information for Current Students
In addition to information available on the individual graduate program websites, our students may find the following resources useful.
- VCU Academic Calendar – In addition to when classes begin and end each semester, this calendar provides dates for registration, graduation and holiday and scheduled school closings.
- VCU graduate courses in psychology – This link leads to the VCU listing of courses.
- Graduate Program Handbook [PDF]– This handbook provides a compilation of departmental policies and procedures for graduate students in the psychology programs. Additional program-specific details are provided for each graduate program:
- Clinical Psychology Graduate Handbook [PDF]
- Counseling Psychology Graduate Handbook [PDF]
- Developmental Psychology Graduate Handbook - This handbook is currently being revised. Please email the director of graduate studies for an updated version: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Health Psychology Graduate Handbook [PDF]
- Social Psychology Graduate Handbook [PDF]
- Office of Records and Registration – This site provides information regarding registration and student records (e.g., transcripts, bulletins, registration).
- Informal departmental-level conflict resolution consultants – Beth Heller, Ph.D., or Corey Martin can assist students with constructive resolutions to issues that are not easily addressed through informal channels.
- Schedule of Classes – At this site you can see what classes are offered during a given semester.
- Thesis and Dissertation Guidelines – This VCU Graduate School manual provides an overview of format requirements. Unofficial checklists for thesis and dissertation are also available.
- A few other VCU resources to consider: